One last scare at Mac-O-Chee
Election Letters Policy
It’s homecoming week at UHS
Election Letters Policy
Graham announces homecoming court
- Champaign County’s leaf peeping guide - 10:29 pm
- A.B. GRAHAM MEMORIAL CENTER - 10:29 pm
- Urbana Hospital offers lung screenings Nov. 2 and 30 - 10:29 pm
- Candidate petitions for March primary due Dec. 18 - 10:29 pm
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR - 10:27 pm
- Voters to select village, twp. leaders - 10:27 pm
- West Liberty to construct splash pad - 10:10 pm
- Local church collecting shoeboxes of gifts - 8:48 pm
- Perpetual announces operating results - 8:48 pm
- ODOT reports local road, lane closures - 8:48 pm
- Alzheimer’s Assn. seeks volunteers - 4:25 pm
- Graham 8th graders claim CBC title - 11:26 pm
- WL-S FFA off to an active year - 10:08 pm
- Are books, nuts, toys, games on your shopping list? - 10:07 pm
- Design Challenge celebrates Manufacturing Month - 10:07 pm
- GriefShare offers help after death of loved one - 10:06 pm
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR - 10:04 pm
- Donations sought for Community Christmas - 10:04 pm
- One last scare at Mac-O-Chee - 11:25 pm
- Local Meals-on-Wheels volunteers sought - 11:24 pm
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR - 11:22 pm
- Two compete for at-large council seat - 4:22 pm
- Two compete for St. Paris mayor’s position - 2:24 pm
- Scott unopposed in race - 1:57 pm
- 2 compete for 4th ward seat - 11:07 am
ODOT reports local road, lane closures
The Ohio Department of Transportation reports the following road and lane closures in Champaign County:- U.S. Route 36 between Monument Square and Wal...
Alzheimer’s Assn. seeks volunteers
SPRINGFIELD - Individuals interested in helping the Alzheimer’s Association assist families impacted by Alzheimer’s disease and dementia a...
Graham 8th graders claim CBC title
Graham’s 8th grade volleyball team went 19-0 and finished the season by winning the CBC tournament. The Falcons defeated Ben Logan in the champi...
WL-S FFA off to an active year
Trinity Perkins (in foreground) and Marenna Cox were two of 103 West Liberty-Salem FFA members to visit the Farm Science Review on Sept. 19. WL-S FFA ...
Are books, nuts, toys, games on your shopping list?
Seeking unique gifts for that tough-to-shop-for-friend or family member? The Auxiliary of Mercy Health – Springfield Regional Medical Center and...
Design Challenge celebrates Manufacturing Month
October is National Manufacturing Month. The Champaign Economic Partnership (CEP) in Urbana hopes to capitalize on the national month-long celebration...
Indians to exercise Kluber’s option
CLEVELAND (AP) — The Indians wasted no time on one of their biggest offseason decisions: Bringing back Corey Kluber was a no-brainer.Cleveland s...
Earhart wins Clunker Classic II at Shady Bowl
DeGRAFF – Shady Bowl Speedway was the place to be Saturday, as the track hosted the second Clunker Classic. The race was a 300-lap Enduro.This y...
Mayhem arrives at Shady Bowl on Saturday
DeGRAFF – Everyone has seen the commercials starring “Mayhem” as a representative of an outlandish insurance company.Mayhem will be ...
UU football receives vote in AFCA Top 25 poll
WACO, TEX. – Urbana University received a vote in this week’s AFCA Division II Football Coaches’ Top 25 poll.It’s the first ti...
5 class winners at Shady Bowl
DeGRAFF – Shady Bowl Speedway promoter Rick Young is always trying to make racing at the rural more fun for fans and drivers.Saturday night̵...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Slones celebrate 67th
James Erwin and Virginia Slone of Urbana will be celebrating 67 years of marriage on Sept. 29. They were married on that date in 1951 by Rev. Stanley....
Lucas Ryan David DixonLucas Ryan David Dixon was born Sept. 18, 2019, at 7:51 a.m., weighing 8 pounds, 10 ounces and measuring 21 inches, in Marysvill...
Richardson case put into perspective
The case of Brooke Skylar Richardson (Urbana Daily Citizen, Sep. 13, p. 9) ended with her getting probation for three years after spending time in pri...
Mr. and Mrs. James Bush of Urbana announce the engagement of their daughter, Melissa Bush of Columbus, to Seth Ruoff of Columbus.The bride-elect atten...
Bodeys celebrate 40th
Richard and Gloria Bodey, of St. Paris, are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary on Sept. 15. They were married on Sept. 15, 1979, at Grafton Un...
I am proud of this community
Having been blessed to be part of a Bicentennial Family Farm and having spent nearly half of my adult life living in Urbana, I needed to comment on th...
We’ve made progress treating addiction
For far too long, prescription pain medication, heroin, and fentanyl have broken families apart and devastated communities in Ohio. In 2017, our opioi...
Balloon Fest was a big success
Grimes Field was alive and bustling this past week-end as it welcomed visitors to the Balloon Fest - “A Hot Air Affair.” The balloons lit ...
What lies in the cracks between
I always enjoy Rick Steves’ travelogues on PBS, but I remained glued to the TV a couple of weeks ago when he took his viewers – and me ...
Seniors putting technology to work
A report by the Consumer Technology Association says the active aging industry, which includes safety and smart-living technologies, health and remote...
Someone please help Urbana!
I have lived in Urbana most of my life and now work in a position to talk to a lot of local residents. We are wondering what happened to this town. Mo...