Get ready to plant that garden
OHSAA officially cancels winter tournaments
State parks open, marinas closed
Getting through these challenging times
BREAKING NEWS: First confirmed case of COVID-19 in Champaign County
- Get ready to plant that garden - 3:16 pm
- Primary deadline moved to April 28 - 7:50 pm
- Pandemic changing services, election - 7:48 pm
- PETS OF THE WEEK - 7:48 pm
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR - 7:47 pm
- 2 Springfield residents killed in Friday crash - 4:21 pm
- Mercy Health offers virtual health care visits - 4:03 pm
- Memorial Health announces telehealth options - 4:00 pm
- Locals attempt to prevent virus spread - 9:01 pm
- BIRTHS - 9:01 pm
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR - 9:00 pm
- Champaign County logs second COVID-19 case - 12:01 am
- State parks open, marinas closed - 10:13 pm
- Food is available at Stepping Stones - 10:13 pm
- STUDENTS OF THE MONTH - 10:13 pm
- Extension offers Ag & Natural Resources Madness - 10:11 pm
- Ohioans spend first day under strict orders - 12:01 am
- THEN & NOW – Urbana University entrance - 10:08 pm
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR - 10:06 pm
- Getting through these challenging times - 6:05 am
- County has first COVID case - 12:01 am
- Making eating salad provides education at UHS - 10:49 pm
- Dye & Doss receives top designation - 10:48 pm
- Hall elected president of CEP board - 10:47 pm
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR - 10:47 pm
Holden Daril LewisHolden Daril Lewis was born March 22, 2020, at 1:28 p.m., weighing 7 pounds, 12 ounces and measuring 20 inches, at Memorial Hospital...
Contact event organizers for updates before attending events/meetings during the COVID-19 restrictions.Friday, March 27Annual PINS for PAWS Bowling Fu...
Champaign County logs second COVID-19 case
The Champaign Health District on Wednesday afternoon announced the county has its second confirmed case of COVID-19. The case was not reflected in the...
State parks open, marinas closed
COLUMBUS - In response to the developing public health situation with COVID-19 and the Ohio Department of Health’s (ODH) Stay at Home Order, the...
Food is available at Stepping Stones
Stepping Stones Outreach Ministries, associated with Life-net Church at 142 Dellinger Road, has been providing food for members of the Urbana communit...
STUDENTS OF THE MONTH
Toll Run’s Urbana Student of the Month for February is Vince Lightle.Mohawk’s Urbana Student of the Month for February is Summer Bixler.Fi...
UU’s James named Atlantic Region Player of the Year
SHIPPENSBURG, Pa. – Urbana University’s Tyra James has been named the 2020 Atlantic Region Player of the Year and headlines the 2019-20 Di...
OHSAA postpones all winter tournaments
COLUMBUS, Ohio – On Thursday, the Ohio High School Athletic Association announced that all remaining winter tournament contests are immediately ...
McIlroy hopes to be repeat winner at Players
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — No one has ever won back-to-back at The Players Championship since it moved to the TPC Sawgrass in 1982. Rory McI...
OHSAA events to have limited spectators
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Following Ohio Governor Mike DeWine’s announcement on Tuesday afternoon that all indoor sporting events in Ohio should se...
Graham wins district wrestling title, sends 8 to state
WILMINGTON – Graham won the Division II district wrestling title with 242 team points. Licking Valley was second with 85.5.District champions fo...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Luke Harrison ErwinLuke Harrison Erwin was born Aug. 26, 2019, at 1:16 a.m. in Madison County Hospital to Heather Hurley Erwin and Alek D. Erwin. Mate...
Emily Grace LickfeltEmily Grace Lickfelt was born Dec. 9, 2019, at 12:39 p.m. at Memorial Hospital in Marysville to Dawna and Jeffrey Lickfelt of Bell...
Vargos celebrate 46th
Charles and Beverly Vargo of Urbana will celebrate their 46th anniversary Nov. 21.They have four children, 15 grandchildren and 18 great-grandchildren...
Stepheni Holbrook of Urbana and Scott O’Donnell of Urbana plan to be married in 2020.The bride-elect works at Residential Administrators.Her fia...
Smiths celebrate 50th
James R. and Racille (Griswold) Smith of Urbana celebrated their 50th anniversary July 12 with a family dinner.They were married in 1969 in Mechanicsb...
Facing it all together
What a year last week was! Life still resembles itself, but only vaguely. I vowed not to touch the V-I-R-U-S keys in preparing this week’s colum...
Interesting little tidbits
Although my articles for this column usually involve a unified theme, occasionally I patch together a bunch of totally unrelated items just for the fu...
Guest Column: Ohio is ready for Election Day
This Tuesday, March 17 is Election Day in Ohio and three other states. Not too long ago, the fact that Election Day in Arizona, Florida, Illinois and ...
Aging at home? Think safety
Most of us want to age-in-place. But can we? Affordable, accessible and well-located housing affects the quality of life for all ages, but it’s ...
Sheriff disputes details of Thompson’s letter
EDITOR’S NOTE: This letter is a direct rebuttal to an election letter printed in Tuesday’s Urbana Daily Citizen. This rebuttal is permitte...
Stocking up in case of emergency
Question: I keep hearing that people should have an emergency supply of foods on hand in case of emergency, but I have no clue what to get. What food ...