Looking Back – Terre Haute School
Pets of the Week
Blue Heron Jazz performs Sunday
Titus Walk/Run for Peace is Sept. 8
OSU Alumni gather
- CT Comm announces Grand Re-Opening - 9:42 pm
- Looking Back – Terre Haute School - 9:42 pm
- Perpetual announces dividend - 9:42 pm
- Memorial dedicated on race day - 9:41 pm
- Urbana school nears completion - 3:47 pm
- PAWS Animal Shelter receives $199 grant - 10:20 pm
- Pets of the Week - 10:20 pm
- Beatty-Quesenberry named to UU Board of Advisors - 10:20 pm
- Blue Heron Jazz performs Sunday - 10:19 pm
- M’burg business hosts Manitou Red Tour - 10:19 pm
- Chamber accepting applications for Leadership program - 10:38 pm
- Titus Walk/Run for Peace is Sept. 8 - 10:38 pm
- Charitable organization dedicates memorial bridge - 10:37 pm
- MHDAS seeks additional tax - 10:36 pm
- Happy Birthday! - 3:35 pm
- OSU Alumni gather - 3:13 pm
- Event offers dog show, adoption events - 10:26 pm
- Sycamore House up for $25,000 grant - 10:26 pm
- Hurst sworn in as newest Urbana police officer - 10:26 pm
- A glorious day for golf - 10:24 pm
- Ohio News Briefs - 12:21 pm
- Swim with dogs - 10:02 pm
- Labor Day weekend 5K to benefit wounded veterans - 10:02 pm
- Precision Ag Day focuses on data management - 10:01 pm
- Screens provide career, education news - 3:43 pm
M’burg business hosts Manitou Red Tour
MECHANICSBURG - The Manitou Red Tour is stopping at all four Apple Farm Service locations over the next month. The Red Tour event provides an opportun...
Chamber accepting applications for Leadership program
The Champaign County Chamber of Commerce invites community members to apply for its leadership development program, Leadership Champaign County. The p...
Titus Walk/Run for Peace is Sept. 8
The Alicia Titus Memorial Peace Fund announced its 7th annual 5K and 1 Mile Walk/Run for Peace will be held on Saturday, Sept. 8. This year’s ev...
Charitable organization dedicates memorial bridge
MECHANICSBURG – The sixth annual Fearless 5K will take place at 10 a.m. on Saturday at Goshen Memorial Park. Running4Life, the 501(c)(3) non-pro...
MHDAS seeks additional tax
An additional 0.3-mill, three-year property tax for Logan-Champaign Mental Health, Drug and Alcohol Services will be on Champaign and Logan county bal...
Urbana native and resident Dorothy Fenton Headlee, middle, recently celebrated her 100th birthday with an open house at Hearthstone Farm, Urbana. More...
Urbana to host WL-S in Potato Bowl Friday night
Urbana High School will host West Liberty-Salem in the Potato Bowl football scrimmage Friday night.The scrimmage will begin at 7 p.m.Box meals will be...
Shady Bowl Speedway to host Kids Night tonight
DeGRAFF – Shady Bowl Speedway promoter Rick Young has announced that today will be the annual “Kids Night” at the track.The highligh...
UU football opens practice
The Urbana University football team opened preseason camp this week at UU Stadium.Coach Tyler Haines enters his fourth year leading the Blue Knights i...
Tapp Classic goes to Stapleton
DeGRAFF – Shady Bowl Speedway was the place to be for short track racing fans on Saturday.Eighteen of the tri-state’s top modifeds took th...
Harness racing at the fair set for Aug. 7-9
Harness racing has always been an Ohio county fair tradition.Ohio Standardbreds are important to Ohio agriculture, too.Did you know Ohio leads the nat...
Huston returning to Urbana announcing roots
Hall of Fame announcer Roger Huston will make a return appearance to the place that launched his career when he visits the Champaign County Fair on Tu...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Oglesbees celebrate 50th
Glenn and Sharon (Group) Oglesbee of Largo, Florida, will celebrate their 50th anniversary Aug. 10. They were married on that date in 1968 at Fifth Lu...
Harriet “Hattie” Louise KnightHarriet “Hattie” Louise Knight was born Thursday July 19, 2018. She weighed 8.9 pounds and measu...
Zerkles celebrate 50th
ST. PARIS - Karl (Ernie) Zerkle and Sheryl L. (Crego) Zerkle of St. Paris celebrated their 50 years of marriage with a trip to Amish Country. They wer...
Brandie Loren Melton of Fairborn, daughter of Larry and Michaelle Melton of Springfield, and Joshua Tyler Uhlenbrock of Fairborn, son of Stephen and C...
Jacob Christian MarrattaJacob Christian Marratta was born June 25, 2018, at 10:02 a.m. weighing 8 pounds, 3 ounces and measuring 21.5 inches at Mercy ...
Stolls celebrate 50th
Terry Ray and Anita Lynn (Brown) Stoll of Urbana will celebrate their 50th anniversary with their family in Traverse City, Michigan, later this summer...
Carol Marak invites you to opt-in to her weekly newsletter, Age with Purpose
An Aging Matters reader asked, “I would like information about paying high dental costs. Do people have two dental policies? Do they go to Canad...
Pack school lunches safely
Question: My kids are starting back to school next week, and this year they are packing their lunch for the first time. Any tips on what I need to do ...
Hess answers Puglia’s letter
This letter is a comment on the letter from Robert Puglia published Aug. 10 in the Urbana Daily Citizen:There are 48 places of opportunity in Mexico t...
A list maker at heart
I am an inveterate list maker. I always considered list making an occupational necessity; but eight retirement years later, I still begin each day by ...
I vote for human decency
There is no more illustrative example of moral relativism than that of a self-avowed Christian who applauds and encourages the cruelty of an absolutis...
‘I voted for a fighter’
This letter is regarding a letter to the editor published July 27.Considering our many individual freedoms - religion, speech, assembly, political cho...