Pets of the Week
Blue Heron Jazz performs Sunday
Titus Walk/Run for Peace is Sept. 8
OSU Alumni gather
Event offers dog show, adoption events
- PAWS Animal Shelter receives $199 grant - 10:20 pm
- Pets of the Week - 10:20 pm
- Beatty-Quesenberry named to UU Board of Advisors - 10:20 pm
- Blue Heron Jazz performs Sunday - 10:19 pm
- M’burg business hosts Manitou Red Tour - 10:19 pm
- Chamber accepting applications for Leadership program - 10:38 pm
- Titus Walk/Run for Peace is Sept. 8 - 10:38 pm
- Charitable organization dedicates memorial bridge - 10:37 pm
- MHDAS seeks additional tax - 10:36 pm
- Happy Birthday! - 3:35 pm
- OSU Alumni gather - 3:13 pm
- Event offers dog show, adoption events - 10:26 pm
- Sycamore House up for $25,000 grant - 10:26 pm
- Hurst sworn in as newest Urbana police officer - 10:26 pm
- A glorious day for golf - 10:24 pm
- Ohio News Briefs - 12:21 pm
- Swim with dogs - 10:02 pm
- Labor Day weekend 5K to benefit wounded veterans - 10:02 pm
- Precision Ag Day focuses on data management - 10:01 pm
- Screens provide career, education news - 3:43 pm
- Ohio News Briefs - 1:01 pm
- Stalking scares circulate on social media; police, sheriff have no official reports - 12:50 pm
- List grows of people said to know of Ohio St. doctor’s abuse - 10:12 pm
- CEP forms JOBS team to help businesses thrive - 10:11 pm
- Ohio News Briefs - 12:37 pm
Urbana native and resident Dorothy Fenton Headlee, middle, recently celebrated her 100th birthday with an open house at Hearthstone Farm, Urbana. More...
Event offers dog show, adoption events
Freshwater Farms of Ohio will host Dawg Days Weekend, Aug. 17 and 18, the third of the farm’s outdoor Summer Concert Series. The weekend will fe...
Sycamore House up for $25,000 grant
Sycamore House Pregnancy and Family Life Center, Urbana, is one of several causes that can acquire a $25,000 grant if they become one of the top 40 vo...
Hurst sworn in as newest Urbana police officer
On Tuesday, Officer Keith Hurst, 25, was sworn in as the newest member of the Urbana Police Division by Judge Gil S. Weithman in front of family, Urba...
A glorious day for golf
The Annual Bill Butler Champaign Open golf tournament was held at the Urbana Country Club on Wednesday. Proceeds from the long-running event are held ...
Shady Bowl Speedway to host Kids Night tonight
DeGRAFF – Shady Bowl Speedway promoter Rick Young has announced that today will be the annual “Kids Night” at the track.The highligh...
Tapp Classic goes to Stapleton
DeGRAFF – Shady Bowl Speedway was the place to be for short track racing fans on Saturday.Eighteen of the tri-state’s top modifeds took th...
Harness racing at the fair set for Aug. 7-9
Harness racing has always been an Ohio county fair tradition.Ohio Standardbreds are important to Ohio agriculture, too.Did you know Ohio leads the nat...
Huston returning to Urbana announcing roots
Hall of Fame announcer Roger Huston will make a return appearance to the place that launched his career when he visits the Champaign County Fair on Tu...
Blackford Memorial at Shady Bowl
DeGRAFF – Shady Bowl Speedway will remember two drivers in a special program tonight – weather permitting.The Blackford Memorial, a 55-lap...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Oglesbees celebrate 50th
Glenn and Sharon (Group) Oglesbee of Largo, Florida, will celebrate their 50th anniversary Aug. 10. They were married on that date in 1968 at Fifth Lu...
Harriet “Hattie” Louise KnightHarriet “Hattie” Louise Knight was born Thursday July 19, 2018. She weighed 8.9 pounds and measu...
Zerkles celebrate 50th
ST. PARIS - Karl (Ernie) Zerkle and Sheryl L. (Crego) Zerkle of St. Paris celebrated their 50 years of marriage with a trip to Amish Country. They wer...
Brandie Loren Melton of Fairborn, daughter of Larry and Michaelle Melton of Springfield, and Joshua Tyler Uhlenbrock of Fairborn, son of Stephen and C...
Jacob Christian MarrattaJacob Christian Marratta was born June 25, 2018, at 10:02 a.m. weighing 8 pounds, 3 ounces and measuring 21.5 inches at Mercy ...
Stolls celebrate 50th
Terry Ray and Anita Lynn (Brown) Stoll of Urbana will celebrate their 50th anniversary with their family in Traverse City, Michigan, later this summer...
Hess answers Puglia’s letter
This letter is a comment on the letter from Robert Puglia published Aug. 10 in the Urbana Daily Citizen:There are 48 places of opportunity in Mexico t...
A list maker at heart
I am an inveterate list maker. I always considered list making an occupational necessity; but eight retirement years later, I still begin each day by ...
I vote for human decency
There is no more illustrative example of moral relativism than that of a self-avowed Christian who applauds and encourages the cruelty of an absolutis...
‘I voted for a fighter’
This letter is regarding a letter to the editor published July 27.Considering our many individual freedoms - religion, speech, assembly, political cho...
Air ambulance companies have consumers in death grip
Two years ago in this space I told the story of a Mississippi woman, Katherine Green, who got caught in the unsavory business practices of the air amb...
It was a treat to read Jan Ebert’s column, “The Music Stand.” She spent her three-part series “checking up” on Champaign...