One last scare at Mac-O-Chee
Election Letters Policy
It’s homecoming week at UHS
Election Letters Policy
Graham announces homecoming court
- West Liberty to construct splash pad - 10:10 pm
- Local church collecting shoeboxes of gifts - 8:48 pm
- Perpetual announces operating results - 8:48 pm
- ODOT reports local road, lane closures - 8:48 pm
- Alzheimer’s Assn. seeks volunteers - 4:25 pm
- Graham 8th graders claim CBC title - 11:26 pm
- WL-S FFA off to an active year - 10:08 pm
- Are books, nuts, toys, games on your shopping list? - 10:07 pm
- Design Challenge celebrates Manufacturing Month - 10:07 pm
- GriefShare offers help after death of loved one - 10:06 pm
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR - 10:04 pm
- Donations sought for Community Christmas - 10:04 pm
- One last scare at Mac-O-Chee - 11:25 pm
- Local Meals-on-Wheels volunteers sought - 11:24 pm
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR - 11:22 pm
- Two compete for at-large council seat - 4:22 pm
- Two compete for St. Paris mayor’s position - 2:24 pm
- Scott unopposed in race - 1:57 pm
- 2 compete for 4th ward seat - 11:07 am
- 2 running for Urbana mayor - 10:32 am
- Four compete for at-large council seat - 9:48 am
- Medicare Open Enrollment approaches - 8:16 pm
- PETS OF THE WEEK - 8:16 pm
- Red Cross event includes cook-off, trivia - 8:16 pm
- UU hosts Nonviolent Communication class - 8:16 pm
GriefShare offers help after death of loved one
WEST LIBERTY - For those facing the holidays after a loved one’s death, Green Hills Community and Universal Home Health and Hospice offer “...
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 16Preschool Storytime: 10 a.m., St. Paris Public Library, for children 3 years old through kindergartenLibrary Art: 5 p.m., Puzzle ...
Donations sought for Community Christmas
Organizers of this year’s Champaign County Community Christmas are seeking monetary donations from businesses, churches, groups and individuals ...
One last scare at Mac-O-Chee
WEST LIBERTY - Join staff and volunteers of Piatt Castles along with guest performers Michelle Cornell and Tony St. Clair for the final Halloween prog...
Local Meals-on-Wheels volunteers sought
COLUMBUS - LifeCare Alliance, the Midwest’s leading provider of Meals-on-Wheels, is recruiting individuals, companies, social clubs and schools ...
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 15Toddler Storytime: 10 a.m., St. Paris Public Library - Children crawling through 2 yearsKnitting: 2-5 p.m., St. Paris Public Librar...
Indians to exercise Kluber’s option
CLEVELAND (AP) — The Indians wasted no time on one of their biggest offseason decisions: Bringing back Corey Kluber was a no-brainer.Cleveland s...
Earhart wins Clunker Classic II at Shady Bowl
DeGRAFF – Shady Bowl Speedway was the place to be Saturday, as the track hosted the second Clunker Classic. The race was a 300-lap Enduro.This y...
Mayhem arrives at Shady Bowl on Saturday
DeGRAFF – Everyone has seen the commercials starring “Mayhem” as a representative of an outlandish insurance company.Mayhem will be ...
UU football receives vote in AFCA Top 25 poll
WACO, TEX. – Urbana University received a vote in this week’s AFCA Division II Football Coaches’ Top 25 poll.It’s the first ti...
5 class winners at Shady Bowl
DeGRAFF – Shady Bowl Speedway promoter Rick Young is always trying to make racing at the rural more fun for fans and drivers.Saturday night̵...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Slones celebrate 67th
James Erwin and Virginia Slone of Urbana will be celebrating 67 years of marriage on Sept. 29. They were married on that date in 1951 by Rev. Stanley....
Lucas Ryan David DixonLucas Ryan David Dixon was born Sept. 18, 2019, at 7:51 a.m., weighing 8 pounds, 10 ounces and measuring 21 inches, in Marysvill...
Richardson case put into perspective
The case of Brooke Skylar Richardson (Urbana Daily Citizen, Sep. 13, p. 9) ended with her getting probation for three years after spending time in pri...
Mr. and Mrs. James Bush of Urbana announce the engagement of their daughter, Melissa Bush of Columbus, to Seth Ruoff of Columbus.The bride-elect atten...
Bodeys celebrate 40th
Richard and Gloria Bodey, of St. Paris, are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary on Sept. 15. They were married on Sept. 15, 1979, at Grafton Un...
I am proud of this community
Having been blessed to be part of a Bicentennial Family Farm and having spent nearly half of my adult life living in Urbana, I needed to comment on th...
We’ve made progress treating addiction
For far too long, prescription pain medication, heroin, and fentanyl have broken families apart and devastated communities in Ohio. In 2017, our opioi...
Balloon Fest was a big success
Grimes Field was alive and bustling this past week-end as it welcomed visitors to the Balloon Fest - “A Hot Air Affair.” The balloons lit ...
What lies in the cracks between
I always enjoy Rick Steves’ travelogues on PBS, but I remained glued to the TV a couple of weeks ago when he took his viewers – and me ...
Seniors putting technology to work
A report by the Consumer Technology Association says the active aging industry, which includes safety and smart-living technologies, health and remote...
Someone please help Urbana!
I have lived in Urbana most of my life and now work in a position to talk to a lot of local residents. We are wondering what happened to this town. Mo...