Reasor honored by MHDAS group
Urbana, Triad earn wins in boys hoops
UHS cheer to compete at OSU
Triad’s 2022 Snowball Court
Urbana defeats Graham in CBC boys basketball
- WL-S girls team gives back on holiday - 7:19 pm
- WL-S names Seniors of the Month - 7:19 pm
- Local theatre group seeks permanent location - 7:17 pm
- View Story - 9:57 pm
- Soil health class offered Feb. 24 - 9:57 pm
- Reasor honored by MHDAS group - 11:04 am
- PET OF THE WEEK - 9:28 pm
- UHS cheer to compete at OSU - 9:50 pm
- WL-S Middle School students of the month - 9:50 pm
- ‘No surprise’ medical billing law goes into effect - 9:48 pm
- Triad’s 2022 Snowball Court - 1:18 pm
- UJH wins OAC State Cheer Championship - 8:22 pm
- Pesticide applicator exams offered in Urbana - 8:21 pm
- Great ski resorts closer than you think - 8:21 pm
- Auditor launches new website - 8:20 pm
- M’burg library offers digital skills resource - 9:53 pm
- UHS names students of month - 9:53 pm
- Ag Outlook Breakfast is January 28 - 9:52 pm
- Aspiring truck drivers eligible for aid - 8:09 pm
- PET OF THE WEEK - 8:08 pm
- Country Legends set for Sept. 3 - 8:06 pm
- ‘Try the Y’ extended through Jan. 12 at the Champaign Family YMCA - 9:38 pm
- Woodruff spearheads lamb club - 9:38 pm
- CCHS to hold jazz history program - 9:36 pm
- Annual calendar benefits local cancer patients - 9:35 pm
‘No surprise’ medical billing law goes into effect
COLUMBUS – A new Ohio law went into effect on Wednesday that shields patients from receiving and paying surprise medical bills after certain una...
Triad’s 2022 Snowball Court
Triad honored its 2022 Snowball Court on Friday night. Pictured are (front row - left to right): Hailey Hunter, Luke Ford, Paige Davis, Kylie Hunter, ...
UJH wins OAC State Cheer Championship
Urbana Junior High traveled to Marysville this past weekend for the OAC State Cheerleading Championships.“It was a great weekend and amazing vic...
Pesticide applicator exams offered in Urbana
To apply restricted use pesticides on-farm or for someone else, applicators must have a pesticide applicator’s license through the Ohio Departme...
Great ski resorts closer than you think
Living in Urbana doesn’t mean you must travel far away to find a great downhill skiing experience. No expensive trips to Aspen or Utah are requi...
Auditor launches new website
The Champaign County Auditor’s Office’s new website is complete.According to Champaign County Auditor Karen Bailey, the search is less res...
Indians sweep Northeastern in bowling
The Mechanicsburg boys bowling team beat Northeastern, 3,096-1,383, in OHC action.The Indians were led by Peyton Leeson, who rolled games of 223, 290 ...
Graham sweeps Urbana in CBC bowling
Graham beat Urbana, 2,844-2,533, in CBC boys bowling.For the Falcons (9-1, 9-1), Jayden Tourney rolled a 237-237 474, Spencer Hannahs a 215-216 431, T...
Indians rout Greenon in OHC showdown
MECHANICSBURG – Olivia Skillings scored a game-high 25 points as Mechanicsburg beat Greenon, 68-48, in OHC girls basketball.The Indians led, 31-...
OHSAA to add girls wrestling, boys volleyball
COLUMBUS, Ohio – In a historic move Thursday, the Ohio High School Athletic Association Board of Directors voted unanimously to add girls wrestl...
Urbana wins, Graham falls in boys hoops
Urbana knocked off visiting Kenton Ridge, 54-40, in CBC boys basketball.The Hillclimbers led, 26-21, at the half.For Urbana (8-3), Landon Key had 19 p...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
First baby of 2022
The obstetrics team at the Memorial Hospital Miracle Life Center was excited to welcome the first baby of 2022 – Adariah Billie Rose McCarty was...
Looking Back: Bob Martin Band
This photo of the Bob Martin Band was taken at the Urbana Country Club on New Year’s Eve, 1951, and submitted to this newspaper 50 years later b...
Urbana Chapter DARDecember 8, 2021The Urbana Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution met Wednesday, December 8, 2021 at 11:30 a.m. at BrownRidge ...
CCHS hosts Christmas festivities
The Champaign County Historical Society, with the generous support of Farmers and Merchants State Bank, recently hosted a Christmas gathering for thei...
Looking Back: Brush Lake
This is a 1909 photo (#A416) of the Brush Lake railroad tower. Unfortunately, the Champaign County Historical Society does not have a photo of the Bru...
5 generations of Wrights
The Wright family of Urbana is marking five generations. In front and center is the eldest member, Connie Rice, holding the youngest member, Roman Wri...
The tiring part of retirement
While I was teaching, I rarely entertained the thought of retirement. I did, however, observe those latter years of life as my parents experienced the...
Back to the future going forward
Regular readers know I have fairly untraditional ways of poking around on the internet for intriguing nuggets of historical information. I most often ...
On the wings of a song
Annually anticipating The Kennedy Center Honors as the old year closes out, I thoroughly enjoyed the return of the star-studded program last week in a...
Group disputes AP story
On Thursday, December 23, the Urbana Daily Citizen carried an article by Julie Carr Smyth on DeWine’s “born alive” bill (pp. 1-2). T...
Merry Christmas, even if you’re a dog
(Translated from meow to English by her servant.)I’d rather be hiding in the dark woods right now under a pile of brush listening to the neighbo...
How my father and I shared Cnristmas
Years ago my father, for the first of several times, quietly stated to me: “Christmas was spoiled for me the year my mother asked me to put the ...