Then and Now: Beltz Mill


Now – 2017 photo of the same location.

Now – 2017 photo of the same location.


Courtesy of the Champaign County Historical Society.

Then – This is a photo of Beltz Mill, North Lewisburg, Ohio. The date off the photo is unknown, but it is after 1855. Located on Sycamore Street, the mill was built by Abner Winder not as a grist mill but for a woolen factory, however, it operated only six to eight years as a woolen mill. Daniel Beltz became owner of the mill in 1855. Adjoining the Beltz mill on the south side was the old Milligan tannery that operated for nearly 25 years. The mill was converted to a residence in 2005.


Courtesy of the Champaign County Historical Society.

Now – 2017 photo of the same location.

Then – This is a photo of Beltz Mill, North Lewisburg, Ohio. The date off the photo is unknown, but it is after 1855. Located on Sycamore Street, the mill was built by Abner Winder not as a grist mill but for a woolen factory, however, it operated only six to eight years as a woolen mill. Daniel Beltz became owner of the mill in 1855. Adjoining the Beltz mill on the south side was the old Milligan tannery that operated for nearly 25 years. The mill was converted to a residence in 2005.

Now – 2017 photo of the same location.
https://www.urbanacitizen.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/36/2017/07/web1_Now-Beltz-Mill.jpgNow – 2017 photo of the same location. Courtesy of the Champaign County Historical Society.

Then – This is a photo of Beltz Mill, North Lewisburg, Ohio. The date off the photo is unknown, but it is after 1855. Located on Sycamore Street, the mill was built by Abner Winder not as a grist mill but for a woolen factory, however, it operated only six to eight years as a woolen mill. Daniel Beltz became owner of the mill in 1855. Adjoining the Beltz mill on the south side was the old Milligan tannery that operated for nearly 25 years. The mill was converted to a residence in 2005.
https://www.urbanacitizen.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/36/2017/07/web1_Then-Beltz-Mill.jpgThen – This is a photo of Beltz Mill, North Lewisburg, Ohio. The date off the photo is unknown, but it is after 1855. Located on Sycamore Street, the mill was built by Abner Winder not as a grist mill but for a woolen factory, however, it operated only six to eight years as a woolen mill. Daniel Beltz became owner of the mill in 1855. Adjoining the Beltz mill on the south side was the old Milligan tannery that operated for nearly 25 years. The mill was converted to a residence in 2005. Courtesy of the Champaign County Historical Society.