Champaign County voters will determine the fate of several levies when they head to the polls 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6. The filing deadline for candidates and issues appearing on November ballots was Wednesday. For those who want to beat the rush to the polls, early voting starts Oct. 10, at which point absentee ballots can be sought. Those not registered at the county Board of Elections must do so by Oct. 9 to vote in the November election.
Common Pleas Court Judge Nick Selvaggio, county Commissioner Bob Corbett and county Auditor Karen Bailey, Republicans all, have no opposition on the ballot.
State Rep. Nino Vitale (R-Urbana) faces Democrat Garrett Baldwin of Mechanicsburg, and U.S. Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Urbana) faces Democrat Janet Garrett of Oberlin in November.
While write-in candidates have until Aug. 27 to file with the Board of Elections, their names will not appear on ballots.
– Champaign County Children’s Services one-mill property tax renewal and one-mill increase, creating final rate of 2 mills for five years
– Champaign County additional 0.3-mill, five-year property tax to maintain and operate a free public museum of history
– Champaign County 0.4-mill, five-year property tax renewal to maintain Urbana Champaign Senior Center
– Urbana additional six-tenths of one percent income tax added to additional four-tenths taxed rate for total of additional tax rate of one percent
– Christiansburg 4.87-mill property tax renewal 1.25-mill increase for final rate of 6.12 mills for fire and ambulance services for five years
– Christiansburg 3.5-mill, five-year property tax renewal for current operating expenses
– Mechanicsburg additional 5-mill, five-year property tax for roads
– Concord Township 2.5-mill, five-year property tax renewal for roads
– Concord Township 1.5-mill, five-year property tax renewal for fire prevention and ambulance services
– Jackson Township 1.5-mill, five-year property tax renewal for fire prevention
– Jackson Township one-mill, five-year property tax renewal for ambulance services
– Mad River Township one-mill, five-year property tax renewal for fire protection
– Rush Township 1.5-mill, five-year property tax renewal for roads
– Urbana Township 3.8-mill, four-year property tax renewal for fire protection and EMS services
– Wayne Township 1.5 mill, five-year property tax renewal for roads
– Graham Local School District additional one percent, five-year earned income tax for current operating expenses
– Triad Local School 0.5 percent, five-year income tax renewal for current operating expenses
– Johnson Saint Paris Fire District 2.5-mill, five-year property tax renewal for fire protection
– Northeast Champaign County Fire District 4.5-mill, three-year replacement property tax for fire protection and ambulance services.
– Christiansburg General Store liquor permit
– Sycamore Market, North Lewisburg, liquor permit
– 559 Cafe, North Lewisburg, liquor permit