Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
1. TRUMP GOES ON WASHINGTON VICTORY TOUR
The president-elect called President Obama a “very good man” during a cordial White House meeting, and huddled with Republican leaders.
2. TRUMP BUCKS PROTOCOL OF ALLOWING PRESS POOL TO TRAIL HIM
He kept America in the dark about his earliest conversations and decisions about his incoming government.
3. WHAT OFF-MARK POLLING AHEAD OF ELECTION DAY MEANS FOR PREDICTIONS
It has forced many to question not just political polling, but other facets of life that are being informed and directed by data.
4. IRAQI TROOPS SLOW MOSUL ADVANCE TO REGROUP, CLEAR NEIGHBORHOODS
Soldiers are searching for any IS militants trying to sneak out among the more than fleeing 34,000 civilians.
5. FIREFIGHTERS FROM ACROSS US BATTLE APPALACHIAN WILFIRES
The blazes burned amid a relentless drought that has turned pine trees into torches and forced evacuations in dozens of communities.
6. WHO THE TRUMP VICTORY TRAIN MAY HAVE LEFT BEHIND
North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory trailed in a still too-close-to-call race that played out amid anger over the state’s transgender bathroom law.
7. WHAT A CALIFORNIA TEEN IS DOING FOR AGING WWII COMBAT VETS
Rishi Sharma, 19, is on a mission to interview a World War II combat vet every day to ensure their legacy is not forgotten.
8. POLICE SAY LOUISIANA COLLEGE STUDENT ADMITS FABRICATING ASSAULT REPORT
She had claimed she was assaulted and robbed of her Muslim headscarf by two men, one of whom she described as wearing a white “Trump” hat.
9. GUNMAN FATALLY SHOOTS PENNSYLVANIA POLICE OFFCER, WOUNDS ANOTHER
The gunman, who had a history of domestic abuse, and a woman were later found dead.
10. GRAND JURY INDICTS AARON SCHOCK ON WIRE FRAUD, THEFT
The former Illinois congressman had resigned amid scrutiny of lavish spending — including a “Downton Abbey”-style redecorating of his office.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU