Freshwater Farms of Ohio will host an early Halloween celebration for all ages, October 19 and 20, with live music, food, a bonfire, wagon rides, a spooky adventure and more.
Halloween Bash is the final edition of this year’s Concert Series at the farm, 2624 N. U.S. Route 68, a mile north of Urbana. Festivities are planned 4 to 10 p.m. both days, and costumes are optional, though costume contests are planned for kids and adults.
Live music will be offered on the outdoor stage, 6-8 p.m. Friday by the Hedgehog String Band of Bob Lucas, his daughter, Chloe Manor, and her husband, Chris Westhoffon, and Saturday by the Columbus folk-rock-blues band Devil Doves.
Activities from 4 to 7 p.m. include:
• Hay wagon farm tours
• U-pick pumpkin patch
• Kids costume contest
• Pirate treasure dig
• Sunset Terrace dining and seasonal drinks for all ages
• Hula hooping dancers with demonstrations and participation in the stage area
Activities from 7 to 10 p.m. include:
• A kid-friendly spooky adventure – a pirate ship voyage in search of the haunted “Tortoise Island,” with UV flashlights, and “Signal Fire Hill” for a bonfire with s’mores and storytelling
• Gypsy fortune teller and fire artists at the main stage area
• Adult costume contests and music stage light show, with a celebrity appearance by the “Night Walker” and selfie opportunities
• A full bar menu with fish, shrimp and chicken entrees, capped off with old-fashioned home-made pumpkin pie with real whipped cream
Admission each night is $5 at the gate, or online at https://fwfarms.com/product/2018-halloween-bash/.
Information from event organizers.