Are you or someone you know fighting to make ends meet? Struggling with your winter heating bills? Do you have a heating emergency?
The Emergency Home Energy Assistance Program (E-HEAP) began November 1 and will run through March 31, 2018. Income eligibility is 175% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines ($43,050 per year for a household of four). E-HEAP provides financial assistance once per heating season to households that are threatened with disconnection, already disconnected, or have less than 25% supply of bulk fuel, wood or coal. E-HEAP can also cover assistance to establish or transfer service.
The following list includes those documents required for assistance
· All social security numbers for every household member
· Birthdates for every household member
· Must provide social security cards or birth certificates for all household members (proof of citizenship)
· Proof of any and ALL income received within the last 13 weeks for all household members
· All pages of your current electric and gas bill or bulk fuel vendor information
· If renting, landlord’s name, address and phone number
· Job and Family Services Case number
· If disabled, proof of disability
For appointments or information contact Bridges Community Action Partnership at 937-772-9164.