Then – Trenor Motors, 323-325 N. Main St., Urbana. Photo was taken before the grand opening on Aug. 27, 1927. Trenor Motors was located here until 1967. Sign on showroom windows: “This floor laid with Superior Colored Cement for sale by Pickering Bros.” Signs on next building: “Dr. M. C. Houston,” “Bull Durham Tobacco” and “General Outdoor Advertising Co.”
Now – 2015 photo of same site, which is the location of Mumford’s Potato Chip and Deli, 325 N. Main St., Urbana. Note that the configuration of north end of building is changed from that in 1927. The 1927 configuration includes an auto entrance.
The Champaign County Historical Society is an all volunteer, not-for-profit organization that preserves, protects, archives and displays the artifacts that tell Champaign County’s history. The society operates on donations and dues and has a free public museum of history at East Lawn Avenue in Urbana.
Submitted by the Champaign County Historical Society.