Dwelling fire in Springhills displaces family


Staff report



SPRINGHILLS – A dwelling fire at 9973 Carlisle Pike resulted in a total loss of the home and displacement of four occupants.

The fire was called in at approximately 3:35 a.m. Sunday. West Liberty and DeGraff fire crews responded to the scene. No injuries were reported and the occupants of the home are now staying with family in West Liberty. Two dogs perished in the fire.

According to the West Liberty Fire Department, the incident began as a cooking-related fire.

Staff report