The 2016 Dog Tag Season is almost here. According to Champaign County Auditor Karen Bailey, dog owners can purchase licenses Dec. 1 through Feb. 1, 2016, without penalty.
Dog license applications were mailed this week and, just like last year, a license can be purchased by mail, online or at the auditor’s office. Office hours are 8 a.m.-4 p.m. weekdays. The auditor’s website address is http://champaignoh.ddti.net/
The auditor’s office has arranged for dog licenses to be sold at satellite locations:
1) The Pet Clinic at 1053 N. Main St. in Urbana
2) Urbana Veterinary Clinic at 985 Norwood Ave. in Urbana
3) Downing Hardware at 29 S. Main St. in Mechanicsburg
4) St. Paris Hardware at 114 W. Main St. in St. Paris
5) Champaign County Animal Welfare League at 3858 state Route 56 in Mechanicsburg.
Sometimes it is more convenient to purchase a dog license at a location close to home, or while the pet is already at the vet’s office. There is a $2 fee for this service.
The cost of a regular dog license is $14 and a kennel license is $70. There is an option to purchase a three-year tag for $42 or a lifetime tag for $140. For more information on these options, contact the auditor’s office.
Those with questions or comments can contact the auditor’s office dog license department at 937-484-1600, ext. 5.
Submitted by the Champaign County Auditor’s Office.