REYNOLDSBURG, Ohio (AP) — Gas company officials say their natural gas mains and service lines didn’t cause an explosion at a Reynoldsburg apartment complex.
Columbia Gas of Ohio says in a statement Friday that it did a thorough investigation of the complex and determined the gas main and service lines serving it are safe.
Thursday night’s blast destroyed a maintenance building, blew out neighboring apartment windows and damaged nearby homes. No one was in the building at the time, and there were no injuries.
Columbia Gas says it will restore gas service to the 36 customers affected once residents are allowed back into their units.
It says it will continue working with the Truro Township Fire Department, the City of Columbus Fire Department and the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio on their investigation.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU