Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. CONFLICTING CLAIMS FOLLOW DEATH OF OREGON PROTESTER
One of Ammon Bundy’s followers says Robert Finicum was shot when he charged at federal agent. Members of the Bundy family claim that Finicum did nothing to provoke authorities.
2. JUSTICE DEPARTMENT REACHES TENTATIVE DEAL WITH FERGUSON, MISSOURI
The agreement to overhaul the city’s police department follows an officer’s fatal shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown in 2014.
3. BRIGHTER PICTURE OF ZIKA OUTBREAK EMERGES
New figures released by Brazil’s Health Ministry as part of a probe into the Zika virus find fewer cases of a rare birth defect than first feared.
4. WHY SOME INVESTORS ARE ANGRY WITH TRUMP
The billionaire businessman pitched three companies in recent years to a number of middle-class folks — but the investments didn’t pan out.
5. FACEBOOK POSTS ANOTHER STRONG QUARTER
The social network is growing rapidly as it enters adolescence, putting it in a position to challenge Google as the Internet’s most powerful company.
6. WHO’S PUTTING OUT WELCOME MAT FOR IRAN’S ROUHANI
Europe is greeting the visiting leader, hoping he can orchestrate lucrative business deals and push for peace in the Mideast.
7. PENTAGON DEFENDS RELIANCE ON RUSSIAN ROCKET ENGINES
Critics say the use of Russian technology to launch U.S. military satellites enriches Putin’s friends.
8. WHAT WALL STREET IS LOOKING FOR FROM APPLE
Now that the company has confirmed a slowdown in iPhone sales, all eyes are on its plans for the iPhone 7 and other efforts to spark growth.
9. SCIENTISTS REPORT POSSIBLE ADVANCE IN FIGHT AGAINST SCHIZOPHRENIA
Researchers pursuing the biological roots of the disease zero in on a potential factor — a normal brain process that gets kicked into overdrive.
10. RARE SUCCESS FOR BRITS AT AUSSIE OPEN
Andy Murray and Johanna Konta reach the semis, marking the first time since the Australian Open in 1977 that two British players have advanced to the final four of any major.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU