SAN ANTONIO (AP) — The man identified as the driver of a pickup truck that collided with a church minibus last week in rural Texas, killing 13 people, has been released from a hospital where he was treated for his injuries.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says no decision has been made on whether to seek charges against 20-year-old Jack Dillon Young after his hospital release Tuesday. DPS Lt. Johnny Hernandez says the investigation is still in its early stages and that the findings will be sent to the district attorney when they’re ready.
A witness has said he saw the pickup driver weaving on a two-lane highway about 75 miles west (120 km) of San Antonio. Jody Kuchler said the driver admitted after the March 29 crash that he was texting while driving.
Authorities have not said whether texting played a role.